About the Austin Apache...
A unique Leyland South Africa variant of the ADO16 Austin 1300.
Styled by Michellotti and in production from 1971 until 1977.
Enjoy these pages dedicated to Leyland South Africa's Austin Apache.
- My Mother & Late Father for buying me my first car, an Apache, obviously, and the hours spent keeping it mobile, and smart!
- My wife for her long suffering patience!
...for material provided and more inspiration:
- Ryno Verster (South Africa) to whom I am extremely indebted for his efforts emailing me so much of the material.
- Mr Ralph Clarke, Engineering Manager at Blackheath from 1955, for preserving all the material in the first place, and also for his and his wife's kind hospitality during a meeting on the 6th January 2007 at their lovely home in Cape Town.
- Kevin Hogan, an Authi owner in Queensland for the scan of the Apache TC brochure.
- The numerous contributors of pictures such as Paul Cowie and Michel Nunes.
No front page content has been created yet.
I am always looking for snippets of information and photos so please send me any information you may have regarding the Austin Apache - stories, photographs etc...